does it seem like i have been preparing for my trip for a really long time? in someways i feel like it was forever ago when we made this plan, and in other ways it's rather unbelievable that in less than a week i'll be off on a life-changing adventure.
and for your reading pleasure, here are some random musings in no particular order:
1. the williamsburg post office has decided to continue its lasting legacy of uselessness, and has been unable to forward any of my mail. two months of phone calls and follow-ups and no one knows where my mail is. thanks guys! i'll miss you too!
2. i would like to know exactly how kenley (of project runway fame) wound up as a karaoke hostess at Trash Bar ... and after an incident in which the bolshevik was denied singing a duet of meatloaf's "i would do anything for love but i won't do that" on the basis of that he 'didn't know the song' i must say that i think she is too strict for latenight karaoke. she does not embody the rock n' roll spirit necessary for these things. but i would totally buy some of her clothing, you know, if the pieces didn't all cost $300.
3. i have done everything on my to-do list, including making an appointment for allergy shots in lima. this was one of those tasks i'd been avoiding, but it turned out to be surprisingly easy. i made up a list of useful sentences in spanish, things like i need a doctor to administer my injections for allergies and i have serum, but i do not have syringes. and then lo and behond the secretary spoke fluent english.
4. not having any more tasks to complete is very satisfying, but also very odd.
5. i may be bringing 7 pairs of shoes with me. is that wrong?