A disgruntled librarian packs it up and leaves fabulous New York City behind,
going on random global adventures,
while simultaneously promoting literacy
and spreading the love of the written word.

Friday, February 2, 2018

say my name bitch

Dear Facebook,
when i got married and changed my Facebook status to "married," Facebook automatically added the last name "bolshevik" to my profile URL without my permission.  I have never been Ms. Dewey Decimal Bolshevik.  i am Ms. Dewey fucking Decimal.  and i do not appreciate having another person's name attached to my name.  crazy as it might sound, i consider myself to be my own full individual person. and this was NOT done to the bolshevik's profile, only to mine.  god forbid a man gets bogged down with being attached to a woman!

now i am getting divorced and I have changed my Facebook status to "divorced" and yet "bolshevik," the name of the man who is so heartlessly leaving me, is still in the URL of my profile page.

i want this removed immediately.  it never should have been added in the first place, and it absolutely should not be there now.  Facebook should not be making decisions about which last names women should be using.

Sincerely,
Ms. Dewey Decimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment