A disgruntled librarian packs it up and leaves fabulous New York City behind,
going on random global adventures,
while simultaneously promoting literacy
and spreading the love of the written word.

Thursday, February 22, 2018

it's because i am


  • it's because i was sad that you cheated on me and i tried to talk to you about my feelings
  • it's because i rarely stay out past midnight anymore
  • it's because my underwear isn't sexy enough
  • it's because even though i finished my novel i never got it published
  • it's because i often get frustrated by mainland china bureaucracy
  • it's because i really don't like the Captain America movies
  • it's because i always have at least two currencies of coins in my wallet and often try to pay with the wrong one
  • it's because i asked you to talk to a therapist
  • it's because my hands and feet are always cold and then i think it's cute to try to warm myself up on you but really that's annoying.  no one wants that.
  • it's because i calmed down as i grew up
  • it's because i asked you to call me that night and that was asking too much
  • it's because after dinner and a few post-dinner drinks i'm usually ready for bed
  • it's because sometimes i am rude to customer service people if they are being unreasonable
  • it's because i never successfully got a band going
  • it's because i cannot walk in high heels and refuse to even try
  • it's because i always have to get a popcorn at the movies even if we've already eaten and then sometimes i'll get a stomach ache because i ate too much popcorn
  • it's because i called you and texted you too many times that one weekend
  • it's because you lost a bunch of weight and i hadn't (but look at me now!)
  • it's because i feel more comfortable wearing late 50s style one-piece bathing suits
  • it's because i'm more cute and zany and eccentric and artsy and when you show a male friend my picture they won't be all "wow, she's hot" and that's what you want now
  • it's because sometimes i'd send you recordings of me singing songs as a way of communicating my feelings when really i should've kept it to myself
  • it's because i refuse to learn the metric system and ask you to tell me the temperature in fahrenheit
  • it's because i get sick more than the average person and need to see a lot of doctors
  • it's because i didn't want to spend new year's eve in the square and i wanted to drink wine on the balcony instead
  • it's because i tried to make us work through our emotions
  • it's because i wear too many bold-print dresses and i should dress more like one of those girls in shiny tank tops and tight black skirts ready to go out to the club
  • it's because i lost my mojo
  • it's because i couldn't compete with the women of shanghai who throw themselves at you
  • it's because i couldn't convince you not to give up on us
  • it's because i wasn't lovable enough for you to want to keep me around
  • it's because i can't detach my emotions from everything like you can
  • it's because i am







No comments:

Post a Comment